Ph.D, Principle investigator
Office Phone: 86-755-86140451
Investigates neural mechanisms of sleep, learning and memory.
2019- now , Principle Investigator, SIAT CAS
2012-2019, Postdoctoral Fellow, Brandeis University
2004-2007, Research Assistant, Kunming Institute of Zoology, CAS
2003-2004, Biology teacher, Shijiazhuang No. 2 Middle School
- Timothy D. Wiggin, Patricia R. Goodwin, Nathan C. Donelson, Chang Liu, Kien Trinh, Subhabrata Sanyal, Leslie C. Griffith*. Covert sleep-related biological processes are revealed by probabilistic analysis in Drosophila. PNAS, 2020 (accepted)
- Chang Liu*, Zhiqiang Meng#, Timothy D. Wiggin#, Junwei Yu, Fang Guo, Martha Reed, Yunpeng Zhang, Michael Rosbash, Leslie C. Griffith*. A serotonin-modulated circuit controls sleep architecture to regulate cognitive function independent of total sleep in Drosophila. Current Biology, 2019, 29(21):3635-3646.(# equal contributions)
- Peter Bronk, Elena A. Kuklin, Srinivas Corur-Shandilya, Chang Liu, Timothy D. Wiggin, Martha L. Reed, Eve Marder, Leslie C. Griffith*. Regulation of Eag by calcium/calmodulin controls presynaptic excitability in Drosophila. Journal of Neurophysiology. 2018;119(5):1665-1680. Doi:10.1152/jn.00820.2017
- Chang Liu, Paula R. Haynes, Nathan C. Donelson, Shani Aharon, Leslie C. Griffith*. Sleep in populations of Drosophila melanogaster. eNeuro, 2015, 2 (4) e0071-15.2015
- Zhiqiang Meng*, Chang Liu, Chengyang Yu, Yuanye Ma*. Transcranial direct current stimulation of the frontal-pariental-temporal area attenuates smoking behavior. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 2014 Jul; 54:19-25
- Chang Liu, Pierre-Yves Plaçais, Nobuhiro Yamagata, Barret D. Pfeiffer, Yoshinori Aso,Anja B. Friedrich, Igor Siwanowicz, Gerald M. Rubin, Thomas Préat, Hiromu Tanimoto. A subset of dopamine neurons signals reward for odour memory in Drosophila. Nature, 2012, 488(7412):512-6
- Yu Mao, Shangchuan Yang, Chang Liu, Xintian Hu*. Effects of propranolol on acquisition and retrieval of morphine-induced conditioned place preference memories in ICR mice. Zoology Research. 2011, 32(6):670-4 (in Chinese)
- Zhiqiang Meng, Chang Liu, Xintian Hu*, Yuanye Ma*. Irregular morphine administration affects the retention but not acquisition of conditioned place preference in rats. Brain Research, 2010, 1311: 86-92
- Zhiqiang Meng#, Chang Liu#, Xintian Hu*, Yuanye Ma*. Somatosensory cortices are required for morphine-induced conditioned place preference in rats. PLoS ONE, 2009, 4(11):e7742 (# equal contributions)
- Monoamines in regulation of sleep and learning in Drosohila. CNS Neuroscince Technology 2019 conference2019.10.29-11.01，Shenzhen （Talk）
- A serotonin-modulated circuit controls sleep architecture in Drosophila. The fifth China Drosophila Biology Conference，2019.08.15-08.17，Dalian（Talk）
- Serotonergic modulation of an ellipsoid body circuit controls sleep architecture in Drosophila. The 2018 Janelia Farm Campus Conference on Structure and Function of the Insect Central Complex. 2018.10.28-31 (poster)
- Experience modifies transient neuronal activity of MB extrinsic neurons. The 2017 Janelia Farm Campus Conference on Structure and Function of the Insect Mushroom Body. 2017.03.05-08 (poster)
- Serotonergic activity controls sleep architecture in Drosophila. 2016 Invited talk at University of Mississippi Medical Center. 2016.09.23.(invited talk)
- Serotonergic activity controls sleep architecture in Drosophila. The 2015 Cold Srping Harbor Laboratory Meeting on Neurobiology of Drosophila. 2015.09.29-10.02 (poster)
- Neural circuits underlying sleep and learning. The 2014 Janelia Farm Campus Conference on Structure and Function of the Insect Mushroom Body. 2014.04.27-30 (poster)
- Characterizing sleep in populations of flies. The 2013 Volen Center for Complex Systems Annual Retreat. Boston. (Poster)
- A subset of dopaminergic neurons signal reward in Drosophila melanogaster. The 2012 53rd Annual Drosophila Research Conference. 2012.03.07-11, Chicago, IL. (poster)
- Identification of dopaminergic neurons in reward signaling. The 2011 Champalimaud Neuroscience Symposium. 2011.09.18-21, Champalimaud Centre, Lisbon, Portugal. (Poster)
- Dopamine signals appetitive and aversive reinforcement in Drosophila.The 2011 Ninth Göttingen Meeting of the German Neuroscience Society. 2011.03.23-26. Gottingen, Germany. (Poster)
Master & Ph.D
Qualifications and Requirements
- Biological or medical background; working experience in a molecular biology laboratory, or Matlab/Pathon programming
- with a strong interest in neurobiology.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Self-driven and strong capability of working independently.Hard, rigorous, serious, have the courage to challenge.