Prof. Dr. Zhi-Quan LIU
PhD Supervisor, Group Leader, Hundred Talents Scholar of CAS
Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology
Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
1068 Xueyuan Boulevard, Xili Nanshan, Shenzhen 518055, China
Tel.: +86-755-8639 2104
Synthesis, property and reliability of advanced interconnection materials: 1) Electrodeposition of metal film and its application in electronic packaging as UBM, RDL, Pillar, TSV etc; 2) Interfacial reaction of solder joint, IMC growth and transformation, voids formation, elemental diffusion and segregation; 3) Failure analysis and reliability of interconnection materials under thermal, mechanical and electrical fields.
July 1993, B. Sc., Jilin University of Technology, Changchun,China.
July 1996, M.Sc., Dalian Railway Institute, Dalian,China.
Apr. 2000, Ph.D., Dalian Maritime University, Dalian, China.
Sep.2000-Jun.2002, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Okayama University of Science, Okayama, Japan.
Jul.2002-Mar.2007, Research Fellow, National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), Tsukuba, Japan.
Dec.2006-Mar. 2019, Professor, Institute of Metal Research (IMR), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Shenyang, China
Nov.2013-Jan.2014, Visiting Professor, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Mar.2017-Mar.2018, Guest Professor, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Mar. 2019-Present, Professor, Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Shenzhen, China
Transmission electron microscopy and its application in materials science
Authored and co-authored more than 160 international peer-reviewed journal papers, which were published in Nature, Science, Physical Review Letters, Nanotechnology, Acta Materialia, etc. The total citation of these papers was up to 4500 times at the middle of 2021 in the Web of Science/Google Scholar. The representative publications are listed below:
1. Z.Q. Liu*, H. Hashimoto, E. Sukedai, M. Song, K. Mitsuishi, K. Furuya, In situ observation of the formation of Fe3O4 in Fe4N (001) due to electron irradiation, Phys. Rev. Lett., 2003, 90:255504.
2. Z.Q. Liu*, H. Hashimoto, M. Song, K. Mitsuishi, K. Furuya, Phase transformation from Fe4N to Fe3O4 due to electron irradiation in the transmission electron microscope, Acta Mater., 2004, 52:1669.
3. Z.Q. Liu*, K. Mitsuishi, K. Furuya, A dynamic Monte Carlo study of the in situ growth of a substance deposited using electron-beam-induced deposition, Nanotechnology, 2006, 17:3832.
4. W. Zhang, Z.Q. Liu*, K. Furuya, Fabrication and characterization of cellular iron nanocrystalline film, Nanotechnology, 2008, 19:135302.
5. P.J. Shang, Z.Q. Liu*, X.Y. Pang, D.X. Li, J.K. Shang, Growth mechanism of Cu3Sn on polycrystalline and single crystal Cu substrates, Acta Mater., 2009, 57:4697.
6. C.F. Li, Z.Q. Liu*, Microstructure and growth mechanism of tin whisker on RESn3 compounds, Acta Mater., 2013, 61:589.
7. S. Gao, Z.Q. Liu*, C.F. Li, Y.Z. Zhou, T. Jin, In situ TEM investigation on the precipitation behavior of m phase in Ni-base single crystal superalloys, Acta Mater., 2016, 110:268-275.
8. J. Yuan, Z.Q. Liu*, Flexible and self-assembly anistropic FeCo nanochain-polymer composite films for highly stretchable magnetic device, Compos. Sci. Technol., 2018, 164:8-16
9. X.W. Xie, Y. Li, Z.Q. Liu, M. Haruta, W.J. Shen*, Low-temperature oxidation of CO catalyzed by Co3O4 nanorods, Nature, 2009, 458:746.
10. H.H. Liu, S. Schmidt, H.F. Poulsen, A. Godfrey, Z.Q. Liu, J. Sharon, X. Huang*, Three-dimensional orientation mapping in the transmission electron microscopy, Science, 2011, 332(6031):833.
Electronic packaging, Metal interconnection materials, Electroplating, Interfacial reaction, Microstructure, Reliability
Honors & Distinctions
1. 2012 Innovation Award, Microscopy Society of America
2. 2014 ICEPT Outstanding Paper Award, ICEPT Organization Committee