Prof. Dr. Zhi-Quan LIU
PhD Supervisor, Group Leader, Hundred Talents Scholar of CAS
Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology
Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
1068 Xueyuan Boulevard, Xili Nanshan, Shenzhen 518055, China
Tel.: +86-755-8639 2104
Microstructure and reliability of advanced interconnection materials. The interfacial reaction of solder joint, IMC growth and transformation, voids formation, elemental diffusion and segregation, were investigated in detail. Efforts are made to understand the reliability of interconnect materials under thermal, mechanical and electrical fields.
July 1993, B. Sc., Jilin University of Technology, Changchun,China.
July 1996, M.Sc., Dalian Railway Institute, Dalian,China.
Apr. 2000, Ph.D., Dalian Maritime University, Dalian, China.
Authored and co-authored more than 150 international peer-reviewed journal papers, which were published in Nature, Science, Physical Review Letters, Nanotechnology, Acta Materialia, etc. The total citation of these papers was up to 3000 times at the end of 2019 in the Web of Science. The representative publications are listed below:
1. Z.Q. Liu*, H. Hashimoto, E. Sukedai, M. Song, K. Mitsuishi, K. Furuya, In situ observation of the formation of Fe3O4 in Fe4N (001) due to electron irradiation, Phys. Rev. Lett., 2003, 90:255504.
2. Z.Q. Liu*, H. Hashimoto, M. Song, K. Mitsuishi, K. Furuya, Phase transformation from Fe4N to Fe3O4 due to electron irradiation in the transmission electron microscope, Acta Mater., 2004, 52:1669.
3. Z.Q. Liu*, K. Mitsuishi, K. Furuya, A dynamic Monte Carlo study of the in situ growth of a substance deposited using electron-beam-induced deposition, Nanotechnology, 2006, 17:3832.
4. W. Zhang, Z.Q. Liu*, K. Furuya, Fabrication and characterization of cellular iron nanocrystalline film, Nanotechnology, 2008, 19:135302.
5. P.J. Shang, Z.Q. Liu*, X.Y. Pang, D.X. Li, J.K. Shang, Growth mechanism of Cu3Sn on polycrystalline and single crystal Cu substrates, Acta Mater., 2009, 57:4697.
6. C.F. Li, Z.Q. Liu*, Microstructure and growth mechanism of tin whisker on RESn3 compounds, Acta Mater., 2013, 61:589.
7. S. Gao, Z.Q. Liu*, C.F. Li, Y.Z. Zhou, T. Jin, In situ TEM investigation on the precipitation behavior of m phase in Ni-base single crystal superalloys, Acta Mater., 2016, 110:268-275.
8. J. Yuan, Z.Q. Liu*, Flexible and self-assembly anistropic FeCo nanochain-polymer composite films for highly stretchable magnetic device, Compos. Sci. Technol., 2018, 164:8-16
9. X.W. Xie, Y. Li, Z.Q. Liu, M. Haruta, W.J. Shen*, Low-temperature oxidation of CO catalyzed by Co3O4 nanorods, Nature, 2009, 458:746.
10. H.H. Liu, S. Schmidt, H.F. Poulsen, A. Godfrey, Z.Q. Liu, J. Sharon, X. Huang*, Three-dimensional orientation mapping in the transmission electron microscopy, Science, 2011, 332(6031):833.
Electronic packaging, Metal interconnection materials, Interfacial reaction, Microstructure, Reliability
Honors & Distinctions
1. 2012 Innovation Award, Microscopy Society of America
2. 2014 ICEPT Outstanding Paper Award, ICEPT Organization Committee