Dr. Ye Chen received a B.S. in biotechnology at Zhejiang University in 2011 and a Ph.D. in biochemistry (advisor: Matthew Bennett) at Rice University in 2016. He was currently a postdoctoral researcher in Voigt lab at MIT before joining SIAT. His work has been published in Science, Nature Microbiology.、Nat commun., Nat Chem Bio. and other journals.
The Chen lab will focus on 1) exploring the design principle in gene regulation, 2) developing automatic design platform for genetic circuits, and 3) constructing systems based on model prediction.
• Chen Y, Zhang S, Young EM, Jones T, Densmore D & Voigt CA, “Genetic circuit design automation for the yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae” Nature Microbio. In press (2020).
• Kim JK*, Chen Y*, Hirning AJ, Alnahhas RN, Josic K & Bennett MR, “Temporal coordination of gene expression in spatially extended synthetic microbial consortia” Nature Chem. Bio. 15, 1102–1109 (2019).
• Chen Y*, Ho JML*, Shis DL, Gupta C, Long J, Wagner D, Ott W, Josić K & Bennett MR, “Tuning the dynamic range of bacterial promoters regulated by ligand-inducible transcription factors.” Nature Comm. 9, 64 (2018).
• Chen Y*, Kim JK*, Hirning AJ, Josic K & Bennett MR, "Emergent genetic oscillations in a synthetic microbial consortium," Science 349, 986-989 (2015).
• Alnahhas RN, Sadeghpour M, Chen Y, Frey AA, Ott W, Josić K & Bennett MR, “Majority sensing in synthetic microbial consortia.” Nature Comm. 11, 3659 (2020).
• Masiello CA, Chen Y, Gao X, Liu S, Cheng HY, Bennett MR, Rudgers JA, Wagner DS, Zygourakis K & Silberg JJ, “Biochar and microbial signaling: Production conditions determine effects on microbial communication.” Environ. Sci. Technol. 47, 11496-11503 (2013).